Saturday, December 02, 2006

Making a Map


I had this grand idea to make a musical map of my life. I got the idea right after I met my girlfriend in Thailand last year. It was an idea to help her to get to know me. It would be full of songs that all had stories. Each song would be from a different era of my life. And I am working on it. I am still working on it almost a year later. It's a pretty huge undertaking to take your life and pare it down to two discs of music. But it will be glorious when it is finished. Ok, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement. I guess I'm merely aiming for informative at this point. And I hope it'll be completed before next summer.

I need to stop being a perfectionist.

And I do need to give you some music to satisfy the lonely people out there.

mp3 : Sufjan Stevens - What Goes On
mp3 : Sufjan Stevens - I Can't Even Lift My Head

+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how exactly does one make a map through music of your life? Do you include songs with titles of places, or do you merely just mention a song that you heard in that place?